Support C-318: Sign the Petition
- EI maternity and parental benefits provide parents with critical financial support while they care for and bond with their new child
- Having a parent at home longer in the critical first year of a child’s life or placement within a family better supports healthy attachment and the well-being of the child
- Families formed through adoption and surrogacy are currently at a disadvantage under the parental benefits system
- All parents are deserving of equal access to parental leave benefits
- Bill C-318 creates parity in the parental benefits landscape through the creation of a new 15-week EI benefit for adoptive and intended parents
We, the undersigned, call on the Government of Canada to pass Bill C-318 and to support equal parental leave for families formed through adoption and surrogacy.